Monday 15 September 2014

Welcome Autumn!

I love autumn, don’t you?

Ever since I can remember, I’ve been ridiculously excited by the changing of the seasons from summer to autumn. Days get cooler, trees turning, bonfire night and Halloween to look forward to. Stew! Baked potatoes! Frost! Rosy cheeks! Pints of ale consumed snuggled next to the fire in a country pub. For me the list is endless...

Plus the clothes! I’ve never felt well equipped to dress for summer – I’m not comfortable showing so much skin (especially my pasty leg skin) during the day. I am much happier dressing for the cooler weather – tights, boots, coats, layers – YAY!!

I tend to wear opaque / semi-opaque tights all year round, particularly for work, but somehow I feel ‘wrong’ wearing opaques during the summer. Don’t get me wrong, I love sheer tights (M&S bodyshaper tights in ‘illusion’ are my all-time favourite for a natural look on pale skin (see here)) but I’m clumsy and ladder them so easily, plus laziness plays a part, and sometimes keeping the leg stubble at bay isn’t top of my priority list. Opaque tights are harder to ladder (although I have still succeeded on occasion) and cover dry/stubbly legs up a treat.

So during the Autumn and even Winter, I feel like I can dress like me more easily, without looking like what I’ve got on is completely inappropriate for the climate.

I also love a good boot – nothing says ‘autumn is coming’ like a new boot to stomp around in. This year I have added these lovely boots from John Lewis to my collection.

They are a gorgeous boot and, despite the height of the heel (which is taller than I’d normally opt for), very comfortable. Most of my boots have been lace up, but these have a side zip which is such a welcome addition.

I know a lot of people are normally sad to see the back of summer (my husband included) but to me autumn is as much a season of newness and excitement as spring. Life is a cycle and I know summer will be back, but for now it’s time to put on my boots and go kicking through those leaves.

What is your favourite thing about autumn?

Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment